Search This Blog

Oct 29, 2016

#11 Preliminary NFTR Thurs. Oct 27 2016 Ty Springer and Ryon Springer


#11 Preliminary 
2016 Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping
Thursday October 27 2016
Ty Springer and Ryon Springer
By Melinda Clements

         With team roping one just never knows how things will turn out or come together.  One learns to just roll with flow or embrace the circumstances.  After a twenty-two hour drive from Florida to Oklahoma one can pretty much figure you had all the time needed to figure out how you plan to handle roping at the 2016 Cinch National Finals of Team Roping. 
         “I had entered with my brother as a heeler but it didn’t pan out,” Ty Springer commented.  “There were not enough runs so, I just did what I always do and turned around and entered heading for my son. You just never know how things are going to turn out.”
         There were twenty teams coming back in the short go round of the #11 Preliminary at the 2016 Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping in Oklahoma City.  The roping would pay six holes along with Martin Championship Saddles to the average winners. First place in the average would pocket $16,300.
         When the sixteenth high team back took the lead in the average no one had a clue it would hold like it did.  Makayla Boisjoli and Billy Myers roped their short round steer in 6.83 seconds to take the lead with a time of 33.76 on four head of steers.  There were fifteen teams to go.
         Ty and Ryon Springer waited patiently for their turn in the short go. 
         “For me there is no pressure,” Ryon Springer said. “Roping? This is what I do.”  He obviously wasn’t worried about the wait. He had a lot of  experience under his belt.
         When the Springer’s rode into the box it was work as usual.  “I just rope for my kids,” Ty Springer said. And he did, indeed!
         The pair needed a time of 9.38 to move Boisjoli and Myers.  The clock stopped at 9.03.  They were in fine form.  Three unqualified runs and a leg would give them the win in the #11 Preliminary.  It suddenly made the long haul from Florida to Oklahoma well worth the trip.
         “This is my first USTRC saddle,” Ryon Springer said with excitement. “It is awesome to win this roping.  I got an invite to Vegas to rope at the Junior Finals and this is a great step in that direction.”
         “My son studies and analyzes team roping,” Ty explained. “Literally, studies it all the time.” Ty ropes for his kids.  He heads more than he heels because most of the time there is never enough headers around his house.  I struggle with the barrier but I actually heel most of the time unless, of course, they need headers.”
         Roping with his son proved to be a good move for both ropers.  Things just have a strange way of working out for the best.
         “It is all about the memories we make,” Ty Springer said. “I am so blessed and I’m so thankful to be able to do for my kids. This win with Ryon means everything.  It puts a lot of pressure on you to rope with your kids because you try so hard to do well. It worked out so well for us.  What a win!”
         Despite the money being spent the memories will be there forever.  Ty Springer wouldn’t trade today’s win for anything. Things just have a strange way of working out like they are supposed too.