Search This Blog

Oct 29, 2015

#12 Gold Plus Shoot Out Tuesday Oct 27 2015 / Inderman and Schaffner


#12 Gold Plus Shoot Out

2015 Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping

Tuesday October 27 2015

Lance Inderman and Tyler Schaffner

 

          Sometimes you can judge the caliber of a friendship or relationship by the commitment the partners have for each other.  Team Ropers are a unique family.  They spend a lot of time together and work hard for the benefit and growth of the coupling.

          Lance Inderman and Tyler Schaffner have that kind of relationship.  They are good friends.  They have been partners for going on six years since Schaffner made a move to Texas.  When the pair decided to rope in the #12 Gold Plus Shoot Out at the 2015 Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping in Oklahoma City the pair laid out a game plan to win.  They even went so far as to decide how their prizes might be distributed.  They covered all their bases.

          “We agreed on how we would rope and who would take what if we won,” they both concurred.

          The #12 Gold Plus Shoot Out has a lot of appeal. There is also a great deal of pressure.  After all, it isn’t every day or at every roping you can bank a wad of money and drive home a Ram Truck or Case IH Tractor.

          “It’s a fun roping to enter,” Inderman commented.  “Tyler and I know each other and we have a lot of fun roping together.”

          “Having Lance in the box helps keep me calm,” Schaffner added. “He is good for me.”

          Inderman and Schaffner were in a good spot going into the short go round.  They were the high team back coming in and both wanted to perform like they had been doing the whole day.

          “I guess my mindset was to be calm,” Inderman said. “I’d been here before.  I wasn’t going to let nerves bother me.  I just wanted to go rope and have a good time.”
          Thirty teams came back in the short go round of the #12 Gold Plus Shoot Out.  All of them had their sights set on either the Ram Truck or the Case IH Tractor. 

          Inderman and Schaffner waited patiently for their turn to rope.  Danny Miller and Jimmie Allen took the lead in the average with a time of 31.26.  Inderman and Schaffner needed a time of 9.10 to move Miller and Allen.

          “We had one more steer to go,” Schaffner said. “I just wanted the same shot I’d had all day.  Lance does the hard part.  He has to score, catch and drag the steer into my heel loop.  It isn’t an easy thing to do.  He has the hard work.  I just wanted to make it a point to do my part,” he smiled. “Lance has to set it all up for me to look good.”

          “I’m always worry about my partners,” Inderman said seriously. “I always want them to do well.”

          When Inderman and Schaffner rode into the box for their turn at their short round steer they were looking to move Miller and Allen out of first place. With an almost calm, focused demeanor the pair nodded and then stopped the clock with a time of 8.23.  They secured the average win with a time of 30.38 in a four steer average.

          As the Ram Truck and Case IH tractor inched their way onto the arena floor the question arose about a rope off since the pair were tied in their earnings.  Some decision had to be made as to who would take the truck and who would take the tractor.

          With a unanimous vote the pair agreed among themselves there would be no rope off.  Inderman wanted the tractor and relinquished any rights to the truck to let Schaffner take possession.

          “I’m still pretty much in shock about winning this roping,” Schaffner said. “It’s pretty cool to be able to drive home this truck. This is my biggest win and with the USTRC’s influence and involvement it is no wonder this is the fastest growing sport in the world.”

          “I’m roping later in the week with my son,” Inderman pointed out. “This is a great roping.  I was fortunate and got a good start and it worked out with actually a little time to spare.

          Partners, friends, prizes, family and they all fall under the umbrella labeled team roping. It’s all about friends and extended family. It’s about relationships, fellowships and team roping.  It is about have a good time and sharing.  It’s called TEAM roping.  It is no wonder we love it.