Search This Blog

Nov 2, 2013

Priefert US Open Tour High Year End Standings Header and Heeler 2013 Nat Finals


Priefert US Open Tour High Year End Standings

Champion Header 2013 / Josh Torres

Reserve Champion Header 2013/Luke Brown

Champion Heeler / Jonathan Torres

Reserve Champion Heeler / Wesley Moss

October 2013

By Melinda Clements

 

          The Priefert US Open Tour Championships awards a $10,000 cash bonus to the yearend high point header and heeler each year during the Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping.  During the year ropers compete for the bonus to be awarded in October during the NFTR in Oklahoma City.

          Josh Torres is the 2013 Open Tour Champion Header.  Torres received a bonus check of $10,000 and a beautiful custom Gist Buckle.

          The Reserve Champion Header is Luke Brown. He received a set of custom Gist silver spurs and a bonus check of $5,000. The points provide a little security and recognition for a job well done throughout the year. Both Preifert and the USTRC want to show their appreciation to the ropers with this bonus award. With a strong support system this bonus check will be put to good use as ropers leave the Finals.

          “I didn’t win this alone,” Torres said. “I had my brother and a couple of other guys backing me.  The $10,000 is a great asset to our family.  You just have grind it out and stay aggressive.  That is just the way life is.  I was more worried about my brother and how it was going to turn out for him.”

          “I have been chasing this all year,” Brown commented. “I’ve been a bit behind all year but it is a good bonus.  I’ve won it twice and it is a good thing to win.”

          JonathanTorres is the 2013 Open Tour Champion Heeler.  Torres received a bonus check of $10,000 and a beautiful custom Gist Buckle.

          The Reserve Champion Heeler is Wesley Moss. He received a set of custom Gist silver spurs and a bonus check of $5,000. The points provide a little security and recognition for a job well done throughout the year. Both Preifert and the USTRC want to show their appreciation to the ropers with this bonus award. With a strong support system this bonus check will be put to good use as ropers leave the Finals.

          “It feels good to win this bonus,” Torres said. “I was ahead for awhile then I ended up winning it the last minute.  We went to the biggest and best ropings and kept working at it.  I did pretty well all year.  I just tried to keep moving forward and roping aggressive.  It feels good to rope with my brother and we rely on each other a lot.”

          “The bonus is nice incentive,” Wesley Moss commented. “I didn’t start until February and my partner, Jarrod Cross, and I decided we would go and season a young horse.  I didn’t have any points and then it began to come together. It is good to get a bonus like this.  It is good for Open Ropers.”

          The $10,000 and $5,000 Bonus is a great prize awarded at the end of the year for both the headers and the heelers.  It provides not only a good incentive to rope for the points but also gives Open Ropers an extra cushion as they head to the WNFR in December. 

          Priefert has always been an avid supporter of the USTRC. A sponsor of the USTRC for more than 13 years, Priefert is a family-owned and operated manufacturing company based in Mount Pleasant, Texas, that has built a reputation of innovation and integrity in the development of a product line designed to fit industry needs.