Search This Blog

Nov 4, 2015

2015 Pro View Open Tour Header Cale Markham


2015 Pro View Open Tour Champion Header
2015 Cinch USTRC National Finals of Team Roping
Year End Header
Cale Markham

         For USTRC Header, Cale Markham, roping is about 90% mental and 10% skill. 
         “For me, it is mental,” he explained. “I analyze and work on a game plan constantly. I guess I think it through, so to speak. I try to see it happen. ”
         Markham is the 2015 Pro View Open Tour Champion Header.
         “I didn’t really know all that much about the Open Tour,” Markham explained. “I guess I didn’t even realize I was even in contention until about half way through the tour, close to the end. I’m really glad it worked out and I really appreciate all the USTRC does to make this happen.”
         Markham received a check of $10,000 and a beautiful Gist Championship Gold Buckle.
         “You have to constantly work hard to get better,” Markham advised. “As a header I start the run and I’m the quarterback, so to speak.  This check is such a blessing and I’ll use it to cover my fees.”
         Markham continued to point out how important mind set is for him.
         “I work hard to keep things positive,” he explained. “I set the stage for my heeler and that takes some thought and preparation.  You have to set it up to give your heeler a good shot. I’m very proud of this bonus and the buckle. I’m so appreciative it worked out for me to take this award.”
         Markham was very complimentary and proud of his award.  He commented that he didn’t really think he would have done anything different had he known he was contention for the award.  It appears he always tries to get to all the ropings he can and he makes it a point to rope competitively.  Congratulations to Cale Markham, the 2015 Pro View Open Tour Champion Header.